Black Bean & Corn Tacos | Lunch
Nothing satisfies like hearty tacos when you’re craving something from south of the border. These are easy to whip up if you’re short on time and can be garnished with all your favourite Tex-Mex toppings without the fat or fuss!
8 cloves of garlic, minced
2½ tsp. roasted cumin
1 Tbsp. maple syrup *optional
½-1 tsp. Herbamare or salt
2 15 oz. / 425 g. cans unsalted black beans (or 4 cups cooked)
1 15 oz. / 425 g. can of unsalted sweet corn, drained (or 2 cups frozen corn, cooked and drained)
½ lime, juiced
Dash of fresh ground pepper
12 small corn tortillas
1. Pour a little liquid from the beans into a non-stick pan and heat over medium-high heat.
2. When the pan is hot, stir in your garlic, cumin, maple syrup and Herbamare or salt. Sauté the garlic for 4-6 minutes, just until softened. Add more bean juice if needed to prevent things from drying out and burning.
3. Add beans and a little of the liquid and heat through. Add the corn and stir gently so as not to break the beans.
4. Add lime juice and taste. Adjust seasonings to taste if desired.
5. Serve with small corn tortillas, salsa and/or guacamole, Tabasco sauce, diced onions and/or diced tomatoes, lettuce and fresh cilantro for garnish.