Blueberry Muffin Granola | Breakfast
This is light granola made with your favourite nut butter and almonds. Dried
blueberries give it the perfect sweetness. Serve this over soy yogurt or with your
favourite nondairy milk.
4 cups whole-grain dry oats (not instant)
½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ cup Sucanat
½ cup flax meal
1 cup raw blanched almond slivers
½ cup nondairy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup nut butter (almond, sunflower, or peanut)
¼ cup agave nectar
1 cup dried blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with
parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix together the oats, sea salt, Sucanat, flax meal, and almond slivers in a
large bowl. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the milk, vanilla, applesauce, nut butter, and agave.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Spread the granola evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30–45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to achieve an even colour.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Stir in the dried blueberries.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.