Breakfast Burrito | Breakfast
This recipe has the best mix of seasonings, hash browns, and vegetables, all
wrapped up in a burrito for the perfect breakfast.
1½ cups frozen hash browns
½ onion, diced
3–4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small poblano pepper, seeded and diced small
½ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup low-sodium vegetable stock, for sautéing
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons vegan bacon bits
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
One 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
6 whole wheat tortillas
⅓ cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the frozen hash browns on the prepared baking sheet and place in the
oven. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until tender and warm but not crispy. Remove
hash browns from the oven, keeping the oven heated, and line the baking sheet
with new parchment paper.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, garlic, poblano pepper,
and bell pepper in vegetable stock until tender.
4. Mix in the dry seasonings and bacon bits until well combined. Stir in the soy
sauce and crumbled tofu. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes over low
5. In each tortilla, add ½ cup of tofu scramble filling, ¼ cup of cooked hash
browns, and a small sprinkle of vegan cheese, if using.
6. Roll the tortilla into a closed burrito, place on the prepared baking sheet seamside
down, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot.