Easy black bean burger | Lunch
This veggie burger is both easy and quick. I like to make a large batch and freeze
the leftovers. They are hearty and wholesome.
Two 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon flax meal
3 tablespoons hot water
¾ cup dry oats
½ cup cooked brown rice
½ cup minced onion
¾ cup corn (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend or Mexican
3 tablespoons diced tomato or salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking
sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mash the beans coarsely with a fork or potato masher in a mixing bowl. You
don’t want to puree the beans, so leave some half chunks remaining.
3. In a small bowl, soak the flax meal in the water and let sit for 2–3 minutes.
4. Add the flax meal mixture and the remaining ingredients to the mashed beans.
Mix everything together with a fork until you have a uniform consistency. This
will take a minute or two.
5. Form the bean mixture into the burger sizes that you like. It’s helpful to have
wet hands when forming the patties. You should get 6–8 burgers.
6. Place the patties on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20–30 minutes, or