Easy Rainbow Nachos | Lunch
For a serious craving for loaded nachos, try out my vibrantly coloured bean and veggie-packed version! For truly guilt-free nachos try using baked tortilla chips, or rice crackers.
½ cup black beans (no-salt canned and save the juice or fresh cooked)
½ cup cooked quinoa
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ tsp. cumin
Pinch of chipotle powder
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Dash of salt
½ cup sweet corn (no-salt canned or frozen cooked)
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 green/spring onion, sliced
1 cup / 118 ml. Zesty Queso Sauce (find in the sauces section)
5 oz. / 142 g. corn tortilla chips or rice crackers (preferably baked)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F / 177° C.
2. Heat your *canned black beans in a small pot using their juice.
3. Season them with garlic, cumin, chipotle, pepper and salt.
4. Cook for a few minutes until the garlic is soft.
5. If using *fresh cooked black beans, season them while they finish cooking.
6. Portion out ½ cup of beans and drain.
7. Arrange tortilla or rice crackers on a baking sheet or pie pan. Top with quinoa, corn,
beans and peppers.
8. Drizzle with Zesty Queso Sauce and bake in the oven until the toppings are hot -about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and garnish with green onion and serve with salsa or guacamole if desired.