Gingerbread Blueberry Pancakes | Breakfast
A special treat if you love gingerbread, these are perfect for the holidays!
2¼ cups white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon Sucanat
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2½ cups nondairy milk
3 tablespoons molasses
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the nondairy milk and molasses.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to overmix. Overmixing
can lead to tough, gummy pancakes. You will have some lumps, but that’s fine.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium-high heat. Drop a ¼–½ cup of batter
onto the preheated pan.
6. Cook until bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake. Flip and continue
cooking for 2–3 minutes.
7. Repeat with the remaining pancake batter.