These chips are a fantastic, healthy alternative to store-bought brands. You have
total control of sodium and oil intake. The chips take a little more time to
prepare and bake, but they are truly delicious!
4 yellow potatoes
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with
parchment paper and set aside.
2. Clean each whole potato and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Try to keep each
slice consistent in size to prevent some chips from cooking faster than others.
3. Place the sliced potatoes in cold water to prevent browning and remove excess
starch. Let stand in the cold water for 20–30 minutes.
4. Pat the potato slices dry and lay the potato slices in a single layer on the
prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until crisp. This really varies depending on the
thickness of your potatoes. I keep a close eye on the potatoes, tossing them every
5–6 minutes if necessary. They can turn from golden brown to black quickly.
The first time you make them, I recommend that you keep a close eye on the
potatoes and discover the best cook time for your oven.
6. Serve warm out of the oven or cool completely and store in an airtight