No - Knead Sweet Raisin Bread | Dessert
This recipe is very similar to the Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread,
except it’s slightly sweeter and makes a great breakfast bread. It’s delicious with
peanut butter and jelly, too.
1½ cups warm water
¼ cup of orange juice
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the warm water, orange juice,
applesauce, molasses, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes so the yeast activates.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix the dough vigorously
for about 3 minutes. Add the raisins during this time. You should have a very
sticky dough. It won’t pour, but it will not be kneadable.
5. Scoop the dough into the prepared bread pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap
and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
6. While the dough is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Uncover the bread and bake for about 45 minutes, tenting it with aluminum
foil after 20 minutes to keep the top from browning too much.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack.
Cool the bread completely before slicing.