Tasty Edamame Burger | Dinner
Fresh edamame and Asian vegetables are used to create a delicious green burger
served with a zesty Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli. These unique and popular burgers are
wholesome and easy to prepare, and they always get rave reviews.
4 cups frozen shelled edamame, cooked
2 cups frozen mixed vegetable stir-fry blend, thawed
1 tablespoon flax meal
2 tablespoons hot water
¼ cup of orange juice
¼ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon agave nectar
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
6 whole wheat burger buns
6 green-leaf lettuce leaves
1½ cups sprouts
¾ cup Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a
baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the cooked edamame and thawed stir-fry blend into a food processor.
Pulse multiple times until the ingredients are well blended. It should be green
and have a fine consistency similar to that of short-grain rice.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and water. Allow to sit for 2–3
4. Remove the vegetable mixture from the food processor and place in a large
mixing bowl. Add the flax mixture and fold together.
5. Add the orange juice, soy sauce, agave, Dijon, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and
lemon juice to the vegetables and mix well.
6. Form into 6 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10–15 minutes. Flip and continue baking for an additional 10–15
minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the burgers to set for about 5 minutes
8. Serve on a whole wheat bun topped with lettuce, sprouts, and Cilantro-Wasabi