The Best Blueberry Muffins | Dessert
My son, Aj, loved these muffins, especially with breakfast. These also were a
favourite after-school snack in my house.
1 tablespoon flax meal
3 tablespoons warm water
¾ cup nondairy milk
½ cup applesauce
3 tablespoons agave nectar
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup chopped walnuts 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine the flax meal and warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, and agave. When the flax
meal and water has thickened, add it to the milk mixture and stir to combine.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt all at once. Only mix until the flour
is moistened (the batter will be lumpy).
5. Gently fold in the blueberries and chopped walnuts.
6. Using a silicone muffin pan, divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake
for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown.