The Best Easy Make Polenta | Breakfast
Polenta is Italian for cornmeal mush. In this recipe, it is cooled and cut into
4 cups of water
1⅓ cups polenta cornmeal
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set
2. Bring the water to a slow simmer in a pot over medium heat.
3. Slowly stir in the cornmeal, about ¼ cup at a time. Cook over low heat for 15
minutes, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom to avoid burning.
4. The cornmeal is done cooking when it is smooth and thick. Stir in the
remaining ingredients before removing from the heat.
5. Press the polenta into the prepared baking sheet until it is 1 inch thick.
6. Refrigerate until completely cool.
7. Slice the polenta into the desired shape and top with your favourite sauce or