This appetizer is usually loaded with cheeses and creams. This vegan version is
warm, creamy, and full of spinach and artichokes. Serve with baked chips, pita
slices, or veggies.
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
6 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained
½ cup Tofu Cashew Mayonnaise
1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon mustard powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Large pinch of ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
6 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
¼ cup panko bread crumbs
½ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic in a small
amount of water until tender. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, blend together the tofu, mayonnaise, cannellini beans,
lemon juice, water, mustard, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, salt,
and pepper until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the spinach and artichokes and pulse 8–10 times; do not puree them.
5. Fold the onion and garlic into the tofu mixture.
6. Place the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with the panko bread crumbs
7. Bake for 20–30 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are browned.