This recipe is oil-free and requires no kneading! I gave away my bread machine
after I started making this recipe.
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons agave nectar
⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
1½ teaspoons active dry yeast
3½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the warm water, agave, applesauce,
and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes so the yeast activates.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the wet
ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix the dough vigorously for about 3
minutes. You should have a very sticky dough. It won’t pour, but it will be too
wet to knead.
4. Scoop the dough into the prepared bread pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap
and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
5. While the dough is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Uncover the bread and bake for about 45 minutes, tenting it with aluminum
foil after 20 minutes to keep the top from browning too much.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack.
Cool the bread completely before slicing.